Winter Maintenance with GPS Telematic Devices
The demand for GPS telematic devices in the winter service and road cleaning is growing because GPS tracking provides a perfect documentation of winter service works. Municipalities, cities and communities rely on gps tracking devices to track the current location of the winter service vehicles. A perfect GPS dockumentation of time, street names and work status of the vehicle (plus salt-spreader and snow plough) is important to proof what has been done and how much salt was used on the road.
- Mapping view with asset symbols, direction arrows and status codes
- Showing the current GPS location with street names, vehicle speed the last tracks
- Real-time asset status table with Red-Amber-Green status for moving assets with additional data such as snow plow on/off, spreader on/off
- Organizing your winter service vehicles in groups
- Track and analyze past trips of your spreading vehicles on the map
- Run a "playback" of the past trip on the map
- Download and save a copy of your salt spreading winter service documentation in case of customer claims
- Compare past trips with pre-planned routes and observe deviations from the routes
- The position of the snow plough can be measured using sensors and is transmitted into the GPS Fleet Software.
- Additional telematic sensors can be used to record if the salt spreader was working or not.
- The installation of telematic sensors is a job for experienced installation teams.
- Our GPS units work with the spreading protocols of most European spreader manufcaturers (Aebi-Schmidt, KüpperWeisser, Rasco, Kugelmann, Kahlbacher, Springer, Rauch, Hydrac, epoke, Gmeiner...).
- The salt spreading data contain the spreading amount, spreading width, percentage of brine and additional data (amount of salt used).
- Users can configure different spreading data protocols (compatible with CEN EN 15430-1 winter service norm).
- The salt spreader data is recorded via GPS and summarized in winter service spreader reports to be downloaded or printed by the user.
Municipalities, communities, cities and provinces make us of gps tracking in winter road cleaning because gps tracking saves time for documentation and improves the service level. Perfect winter service documentation can be used to measure the work of sub-contractors. You can get the amount of used spreading salt on the roads as well as operation hour reports for your winter service spreading vehicles.
- Simplify the winter service documentation and billing of winter service.
- Setup a necessity for gps tracking in every winter service vehicle.
- Better manage and plan the ongoing winter service operation by monitoring the routes of your winter service trucks or tractors.
- Winter service drivers can use our GPS Fleet Software smartphone app to add driver comments to the winter service documentation.
- Drivers can use our winter service tour app to get navigation advice to follow the exact route.